Friday, August 18, 2023

Cautious Clay - KARPEH

Throughout the album, Cautious Clay is equating his life's journey to an amalgamation of his family's past life experiences, an exploration of the present, and a universal truth that will help define his future choices.

He broke it out into 3 parts in the order of the tracklist: 

THE PAST EXPLAINED: My early life going up in Ohio + my family's past experiences being the cornerstone of what shaped me for better + worse. Themes of unwavering self-reliance, the "tides" of family/work-life balance, race, + cultural identity are throughout this section.

1. 102 years of comedy
2. Fishtown
3. Ohio (1st single)
4. Karpehs don't flinch
5. The Tide is my Witness
6. Take a Half (skit on taking psychedelic mushrooms)

THE HONEYMOON OF EXPLORATION: branching out from my past/family members before me embracing vices,

personal gratification, and deep self-reflection - different forms of intimacy, psychedelic drugs, + togetherness are a crucial part of this section.

7. Another Half (rolls into form skit)
8. Repeat Myself
9. Glass Face
10. Walls & a Roof
11. Unfinished House 

A BITTER & SWEET SOLITUDE: Learning how to be alone with my "thoughts" in order to be the healthiest version of myself when I am around friends, family, etc. No matter where I go in life, being alone is a beautiful + eternal truth.

There are themes of greed, death, + speaking for myself/my own needs. While this section lacks alot of lyrical content, sonically it is oscillating between heavier/aggressive and more soft/mellow sonic components.

12. Blue Lips
13. Tears of Fate
14. Yesterday's Price (very instrumental)
15. Moment's Stolen

Tracklist:
1. 102 years of comedy
2. Fishtown
3. Ohio (1st single)
4. Karpehs don't flinch
5. The Tide is my Witness
6. Take a Half (skit on taking psychedelic mushrooms)
7. Another Half (rolls into form skit)
8. Repeat Myself
9. Glass Face
10. Walls & a Roof
11. Unfinished House
12. Blue Lips
13. Tears of Fate
14. Yesterday's Price (very instrumental)
15. Moment's Stolen
16. Daring Is Caring (Bonus Track)