Friday, October 20, 2023

Terrace Martin & Alex Isley - I Left My Heart In Ladera

Weeks after releasing their sublime cover of Sade’s “Paradise,” Terrace Martin and Alex Isley have more collaborations and love letters to Los Angeles to share. The pair who are no strangers to working together have officially announced the forthcoming release of their joint album I Left My Heart In Ladera.

The project borrows its name from the Ladera Heights neighborhood, and the LA natives are seen posing in front of the infamous “Ladera White House” for the cover art. They haven’t shared any additional details such as the tracklist or guest musicians, but according to Terrace, “A few of LA’s finest are on this album,” which he hinted on Twitter. He also gave props to his lovely collaborator whom he previously called “the soothing voice of Los Angeles” upon the release of “Paradise.”

“I’m very proud and excited of this work of art,” Martin shared on Instagram. “Working with Alex has been a dream come true.”

I Left My Heart In Ladera is a dream realized for fans, too. Any opportunity to hear more Alex Isley is a major win. This release will be Isley’s second joint album, following last year’s gorgeous and glorious Marigold made with producer Jack Dine.

Los Angeles born and raised decedents of music royalty from the Jazz and R&B worlds connect on “I Left My Heart In Ladera”, multiple Grammy Award nominee Terrace Martin and Alex Isley’s love letter to the Ladera and Crenshaw neighborhoods of LA. Alex, a literal student of music, displays classic R&B influenced vocals on the first single & video “Paradise”, a cover of Sade’s classic hit and pairs perfectly with Terrace who adds his eclectic musicianship to create a R&B/Jazz hybrid album sure be a timeless staple. The highly stylized “Paradise” music video is directed by Grammy nominated Child (Doja Cat, Wizkid, Chris Brown, Post Malone, H.E.R.).

Tracklist:
1. Paradise
2. Honey
3. Only In The Moment
4. Glad I Found You
5. 2 Step In The Living Room
6. I Left My Heart In Ladera (feat. Robert Glasper)
7. Dear Issa
8. La Brea & Stocker (feat. Alex Isley & Paul Cornish)
9. Across The Street





*Bonus (Terrace Martin & Alex Isley - Paradise (Short Film))